THE BIKE BY RIDE CYCLE CLUB TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM RIDE CYCLE CLUB WEBSITE OR APP, YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
YOU MAY NOT ORDER OR OBTAIN PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU (A) DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, (B) ARE NOT THE OLDER OF (i) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR (ii) LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT, OR (C) ARE PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THIS WEBSITE'S CONTENTS, GOODS OR SERVICES BY APPLICABLE LAW.
THE BIKE BY RIDE CYCLE CLUB promotes physical activity. Consider the risks involved and consult with your physician or a medical professional before engaging in any physical activity. RIDE CYCLE CLUB is not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages you may sustain that result from any activities on RIDE CYCLE CLUB products or promoted through RIDE CYCLE CLUB Services.
These terms and conditions (these "Terms") apply to the purchase and sale of consumer products (the “Products”) and services through ridecycleclub.com and through mobile, desktop, or device applications (including iOS and Android applications (each an “App” and together the “Apps”)) (collectively, the "Site"), in addition to any other terms and conditions that may be applicable to any such transaction as provided in the Site or other agreement between you and RIDE CYCLE CLUB LTD. (referred to as “RIDE”, "us", "we", or "our" as the context may require). These Terms are subject to change by RIDE without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. The latest version of these Terms will be posted on this Site, and you should review these Terms before purchasing any Product or Services that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after a posted change in these Terms will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
- RIDE EXT Subscription and Automatic Renewal. Your RIDE EXT subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription trial period. You will be charged through your RIDE EXT store account. See pricing on App for the amount charged. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when the trial ends and subscription is purchased. A mandatory 1 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION is attached to the sale of THE BIKE BY RIDE CYCLE CLUB.
- License for Services. Subject to your compliance with these solely Terms and for so long as you are permitted by us to access and use the Services, RIDE grants you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable right and license to access and use the Services for your own personal, non-commercial purposes, a right which may not be assigned or sublicensed to anyone. Any other use is strictly prohibited. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity, or change the eligibility criteria at any time. This license will remain in effect unless you violate these Terms or this license is terminated by you or RIDE. You agree not to copy, reproduce, redistribute, sell, transfer, create derivative works from, modify, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any Service. If RIDE terminates your Account because you have breached the Terms, you may not be entitled to a refund of any unused credits, classes, or Membership, unless otherwise required by law. RIDE reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time.
- Your Account. To access the Services, you will need to establish an account. You may not use someone else’s name, or post, upload or submit any content that violates any third party rights, is against the law, or that is offensive, obscene or otherwise objectionable (in RIDE’s sole discretion). RIDE may, in RIDE’s sole discretion, suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) or block or remove any content that you submit, for any lawful reason, including if RIDE determines that you have violated these Terms or that your conduct or content may damage RIDE’s reputation or goodwill. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account. You may not allow others to use your account. You agree to notify RIDE immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your Account, access to your password, or any other breach of security. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your Account. Although RIDE will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your Account, you may be liable for the losses of RIDE or others due to such unauthorized use. You agree that RIDE, in its sole discretion, may terminate or suspend your use of the Site and Services at any time and for any or no reason in its sole discretion, even if access and use continues to be allowed to others. Upon such suspension or termination, you must immediately discontinue use of the Site and Services. Accessing the Site or Services after such termination, suspension or discontinuation shall constitute an act of trespass. Further, you agree that RIDE shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of your access to the Site or the Services.
- Third Party Content and Services. The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by RIDE. RIDE has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites, including privacy and data gathering practices. In addition, RIDE will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Site, you expressly relieve and release RIDE from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
- Sale of Products, Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all Products and Services listed in your order. Availability of Products and Services cannot be guaranteed. Product, service and other information provided is subject to change without notice. Items depicted are for illustration only and are subject to change. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and we reserve the right to revoke any errors or omissions. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the Products or Services to you. We may choose not to accept any orders in our sole discretion. After having received your order, we will send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. Acceptance of your order and the formation of the contract of sale between RIDE CYCLE CLUB LTD. and you will not take place unless and until you have received your order confirmation email.
- Prices and Payment Terms.
- All prices posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price in effect at the time the order is placed and will be set out in your order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your merchandise total and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We are not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors in any offer by us and we reserve the right to cancel any orders arising from such errors.
- Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and, unless otherwise agreed by us at the time of purchase, payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct, and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honoured by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including all applicable taxes, if any.
- Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss.
- We will arrange for shipment of the Products to you. Please check the individual product page for specific delivery options. Shipping and handling within Canada (excluding Quebec + the Maritimes) is included with the purchase of THE BIKE. Shipping to remote areas may have an additional surcharge.
- Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the Products to the carrier/delivery. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
- Returns and Refunds. Every product is satisfaction guaranteed and may be returned within 14 days of delivery date as long as it is in brand new condition (including but not limited to scratches or dents) and it also must be returned in the original box with the user manual and accessories. The customer is responsible for shipping the Products back. You bear the risk of loss during shipment. Returns of Connect Bikes, Reflects and Smart Rowers incur a $100.00 restocking fee (remote areas may have an additional surcharge) that will be deducted from any refund paid. If the carrier is not able to collect due to items not being prepared by the customer for transit, you may re-book the collection with RIDE (an additional collection fee will be applied). Refunds will be made in the form of the original payment. Any credit for gift returns will be issued to the original purchaser. All returns must be in original/sellable condition and include the original packaging with all tags attached. Only items purchased from ridecycleclub.com can be accepted for return. All returns require an authorization number. Please email us to initiate your return at THEBIKE@RIDECYCLECLUB.COM. WE OFFER NO REFUNDS ON ANY PRODUCTS DESIGNATED ON THIS SITE AS NON-RETURNABLE.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITED WARRANTY.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE DOCUMENTATION WE PROVIDE WITH THE PRODUCTS.
WE WARRANT THAT DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD, THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM THE SITE WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP.
We provides the Services without warranty on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. You therefore use the Services at your own risk.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RIDE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL other WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE products, services, the SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. RIDE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE OR its CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THE RIDE SITE, AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE OR FROM THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE SERVICES, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE, AND (6) FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE.
WE expressly disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, quiet enjoyment and any other warranty that might arise under any law.
SOME PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. NEITHER ANY PERFORMANCE OR OTHER CONDUCT, NOR ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION, STATEMENT OR ADVICE PROVIDED BY US OR ANY OF OUR SUPPLIERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES WILL CREATE A WARRANTY, OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OR DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
- Who May Use This Warranty?
This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of Products and Services from the Site. It does not extend to any subsequent or other owner or transferee of the product or any transferee or other beneficiary of the service.
- What Does This Warranty Cover?
This limited warranty covers during the Warranty Period (as defined below) defects in materials and workmanship in Products.
- What Does This Warranty Not Cover?
This limited warranty does not cover any damages due to:
- improper use;
- failure to follow the product instructions or to perform any preventive maintenance;
- combination or use with any products, materials, processes, systems or other matter not provided or authorized in writing by RIDE CYCLE CLUB LTD.;
- unauthorized repair;
- normal wear and tear; or
- external causes such as accidents, abuse, or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control.
- Stages Indoor Cycling, in so far as permitted by law, provides their products "AS IS". Stages Indoor Cycling does not warrant that the operation of the Stages Cycling Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. Stages Indoor Cycling is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the Stages Cycling Product's use. Stages Indoor Cycling's published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications.
- This warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, impact, abuse, misuse, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Stages Cycling Product outside Stages Indoor Cycling's published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service, modifications or alterations performed by anyone other than Stages Indoor Cycling or an authorized Stages Indoor Cycling Service Provider (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Stages Cycling Product, or (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Stages Cycling Product.
- What is the Period of Coverage?
This limited warranty on Products starts on the date of your purchase and lasts for one year (the "Warranty Period"). The Warranty Period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or re-perform a warranted service. We may change the availability of this limited warranty at our discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
- SC1 Frame: 10-years
- Drive belt: 10-years
- Mechanical Systems: 3-years
- Electronics: 1-year
- Wear Items: 6-months
- What Are Your Remedies Under This Warranty?
With respect to any defective Products during the Warranty Period, we will, in our sole discretion, either: (i) repair or replace such Products (or the defective part) free of charge or (ii) refund the purchase price of such Products. We will also pay for shipping and handling fees to return the repaired or replacement product to you if we elect to repair or replace the defective Products.
With respect to any defective Services during the Warranty Period, we will, in our sole discretion, either: (i) repair or re-perform the defective Services free of charge or (ii) refund the purchase price of such Services.
- How Do You Obtain Warranty Service?
To obtain warranty service, you must email our Customer Service Department at THEBIKE@RIDECYCLECLUB.COM during the Warranty Period to obtain an RMA number. No warranty service will be provided without an RMA number.
- Limitation of Liability
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE OBLIGATION AND LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE, NOR WILL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PRODUCTION, WORK, DATA, USE, BUSINESS, GOODWILL, REPUTATION, REVENUE OR PROFIT, ANY DIMINUTION IN VALUE, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- What can you do in case of a dispute with us?
The informal dispute resolution procedure detailed in Section 17 is available to you if you believe that we have not performed our obligations under this limited warranty or these Terms.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless RIDE, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from your use of and access to the Services, or your violation of these Terms. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and your use of the Services.
- Goods Not for Resale or Export. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the various provinces of Canada including all Export Regulations, as defined below. You represent and warrant that you are buying Products or Services from the Site for your own personal or household use only, and not for resale or export. Products and Services purchased from the Site may be controlled for export purposes by export regulations, including but not limited to, the Export Control Reform Act of 2018 (ECRA) (Title XVII, Subtitle B of Pub. L. No. 115-232), the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. 768-799) for which ECRA is permanent statutory authority, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 C.F.R. 120-128 and 130) and their successor and supplemental regulations (collectively, "Export Regulations"). You are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of your local jurisdiction and any other applicable laws regarding the import, export, or re-export of the Services or content therein.
- Intellectual Property Use and Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that:
- All uses on this Site of the terms "sell," "sale," "resell," "resale," "purchase," "price" and the like mean the purchase or sale of a license for the Services. Each Service marketed on this Site is made available solely for license, not sale, to you and other prospective customers under the terms, conditions, and restrictions contained herein.
- RIDE CYCLE CLUB LTD., its licensor, successors and assigns are and will remain the sole and exclusive owners of all intellectual property rights in and to each Product and Service made available on this Site and any related specifications, instructions, documentation or other materials, including, but not limited to, all related copyrights, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, subject only to the limited license granted under these Terms. You do not and will not have or acquire any ownership of these intellectual property rights in or to the Products or Services made available through this Site, or of any intellectual property rights relating to those Products or Services.
- Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, pandemic, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication or internet breakdown or power outage.
YOU AND RIDE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Arbitration Agreement; Class Waiver; Jury Waiver.
- YOU AND RIDE CYCLE CLUB LTD. ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY, OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
- You agree to arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, NEITHER YOU NOR RIDE CYCLE CLUB LTD. WILL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. The arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitral tribunal has no power to consider the enforceability of this class arbitration waiver and any challenge to the class arbitration waiver may only be raised in a court of competent jurisdiction. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
- Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 188 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms. RIDE may assign its rights, obligations and/or these Terms at any time in its sole discretion without notice to you.
- No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of RIDE CYCLE CLUB LTD.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
- To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the email address you provide or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
- To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us by personal delivery, overnight courier or registered or certified mail to RIDE CYCLE CLUB LTD., 1728 Glen Drive, Vancouver, BC, V6A 4L5. We may update the address for notices to us by posting a notice on the Site. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by facsimile transmission or overnight courier will be effective one business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective three business days after they are sent.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
- Written Document. You may preserve these Terms in written form by printing them for your records, and you waive any other requirement that these Terms be evidenced by a written document.
- For Residents of Quebec.
The parties declare that they have required that these Terms and all documents related hereto, either present or future, be drawn up in the English language only.